The Taiwan-United States Sister Relations Alliance (TUSA) Summer Scholarship
Program is an Ambassador program. A unique program especially designed for
students who will be representing their state as well as the United States,
acting as ambassadors to Taiwan. Upon returning to the United States,
students will be expected to act as ambassadors of good will for both the
United States and Taiwan whenever the opportunity presents itself.
TUSA wants to create closer friendships and understanding between the people
of the United States and the people of Taiwan. To accomplish our objective,
we are offering a unique program to college/university
undergraduate/graduate students who are interested in studying Mandarin
(Chinese) language and learning about Taiwanese culture.
A stipend of NT $25,000 (US $800) per month for two months (July & August)
will be awarded to each scholarship recipient. The scholarship is budgeted
to cover tuition, dormitory fees, 4 excursions and incidental insurance. You
must provide your own airfare to and from Taiwan.
Course Dates and Location.
• July to August 2010.
• The 2010 Scholarship Program will be at National Pingtung University of
Education at Pingtung, Taiwan.
• Application period is 1 Jan to 31 Mar '10. Scholarship winners will be
announced on 20 Feb and 5 Apr '10.
Ambassadors are Creating Friendships.
• Study at a Taiwan National University and six Academic Credits will be
provided by the University.
• Study the Mandarin Chinese language.
• Living in Taiwan and studying the Taiwanese culture.
• Enjoy university life on campus.
• One on one peer program. Trained students provide study & living
assistance for each student.
• Weekend activities with host families or with university peers.
• Volunteer opportunities for community service are available. i.e. teaching
English and introducing American culture in Taiwan.
• Full-time undergraduate or graduate student at a college/university in the
United States at the time of application.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen (Only U.S. Citizens may apply), and have a U.S.
• Complete the Scholarship Application provided by TUSA.
• Must have a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale.
• Furnish at least 2 recommendations, preferably from college/university
Taiwan – United States
Sister Relations Alliance
Creating International Friendships One Student at A Time