Fill out form below or download application document.
APPLICATION FORM FOR 2013 TAIWAN-U.S. SISTER RELATIONS ALLIANCE AMBASSADOR SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
1. Complete the application online at taiwanusalliance.com. All required documents MUST be at our office not later than February 15, 2013 for an early admission decision and by March 31, 2013 for final consideration. Announcement of scholarship awardees will be made on February 22 for early admission decision, and by April 10 for all others. For those who are unsuccessful in gaining an early decision, you will have another chance to be evaluated on April 10.
2. Eligibility Requirement: Only citizens of the United States can apply. Note that a U.S. passport is essential for traveling abroad. You should apply for your passport at least 3 months before departure, if you don’t now have one.
3. Academic Requirements: Ideal applicants are American citizens who neither hold a Taiwan passport nor claim Taiwanese or Chinese heritage and who fall into the following category of eligibility. You must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an institution of higher education in the United States, and must have a GPA at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale. You also must be of good moral character, as judged by those who recommend you.
4. Your application will be considered complete when you have (a) submitted a completed TUSA application form, (b) submitted the two required essays, (3) sent a copy of your student I.D. to email@example.com, and (4) had two letters of recommendation [preferably from your professors] emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Where and When: Training will be based at one of Taiwan’s largest and most prestigious schools, the National Cheng Kung University (NCKU, http://www.ncku.edu.tw) and its Chinese Language Center, located in the historic city of Tainan. The study period will be from July 1 to August 23, 2013. Six credit units will be awarded by NCKU after successful completion of the program. Each U.S. student will be assigned a Taiwanese study partner to facilitate learning Chinese language and culture.
6. Stipend: NT $25,000 (U.S. $800) per month will be awarded to each scholarship recipient; this stipend is to cover tuition, dormitory fees, four off-campus excursions, and incidental insurance. Meals are not included, and you must provide airfare to/from Taiwan.
7. Questions may be submitted to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may find answers on our web page, http://taiwanusalliance.com